15 September 2010

New Group

I feel that there is usually a purpose or a reason certain people are brought into our lives and sometimes we only get to know those people for a glimpse. Last night was a new adventure.

On my way out to Junction City, I found myself having those feelings of anticipation of something new. I was headed to check out a new group for a Camera Club. In this journey of photography, I felt, I need to network, explore my options, hear advice from many people to help me move forward...so on I go.

As I arrive, there are a lot more cars in the parking lot than anticipated, so the nerves of walking in by myself set in...I walk to the door. I find myself set back-as here is a lobby full of blue hairs. What is this a retirement party? hmmm, am I in the right place? Well I was. It ended up being a mix of ages, however my first impression was a little different then expected, but the evening turned out to be great. It led to the guest speaker sharing his life through photography, leaving me inspired to learn more.

Although it was a late night, I felt humble to have this experience. Amongst meeting new people, I ran into this sweet old man, Howard, who is basically my neighbor. Wearing prouding his light, blue Mr. Rogers sweater...we chatted about our neighbor hood. He has been there for over 55 years and as we talk, I find myself feeling close to this old man and felt honored to have mingled with this new group.

To making life an adventure and exploring it!
~Outdoor Embellishes!

To learn more about the Camera Club, check out: http://web.mac.com/rodeoflicks/FPCC/

No comments:

Post a Comment